5 Stars: Desiring God by John Piper

I swear this book is the BEST book I've read in like ever! I never quite understood how God worked and this book make Him seem so simple to understand - in human terms! I highly recommend this book to any young Christian and also any Christian who has some unanswered questions about God.

Once I picked this book up, I couldn't put it down! The writing is pretty easy to understand, but even though some of the concepts are normally difficult, the author makes them easy to grasp for the lay person. This book is about FINDING HAPPINESS IN GOD BY MAKING HIM YOUR #1. My Mom was turned off by the word "Hedonism" when she saw me reading the book, but I can assure you, there is nothing to worry about. This book is about how God designed the world in such a way that God becomes our highest happiness. It truly fills in so many questions I had about Chrisitanity. Like about God's will and sufferring and salvation.

This book is fully 5 point Calvinist and you will see why when you read it. it is beautiful! It makes sense and your heart understands an embraces it! Who would imagine theology could be make simple? Great book! I am going to buy one for Mom, my sister and my sister in law! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

My disclaimer - I received this book from the publisher free of charge but I always give honest reviews. I want you to be able to choos the best book based on stars because I know you have limited time and energy to read. I would not recommend this book to you and your friends

1 comment:

  1. Though I have not read the new edition, I read Desiring God several years ago with a similar reaction to yours. It's an incredible book and has taught me much from the bible.

    Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete