4 Stars: The God Pocket by Bruce Wilkinson

This book is about putting money aside in a "God pocket" and giving it to anyone you feel "prompted to by the Holy Spirit". The idea is that the money was given to you from God in the first place, so you are just the intermediary, passing God's money on to the people God selects as needing it.

From the same author of Prayer of Jabez, you may not agree with Wilkinson's theology and perhaps his Word of Faith/Prosperity Gospel leaning, but you really can't say much bad about this book. Similar to the "pay it forward" concept, this is about giving money to the needy and giving God the glory for it. I loved the idea! It eminates love and warmth! Wilkinson includes many examples of individuals or families in need that are really touched by the "God Pocket" money and praise God.

I recommend this book and intend to implement the God Pocket concept (with my own personal twist/pocket/message). But what a positive, uplifting book. I think this book is great for all believers but also just as a gift book. A very feel-good, inspiring book.

My disclaimer - I received this book from the publisher free of charge but I always give honest reviews. I want you to be able to choose the best book based on stars because I know you have limited time and energy to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment