5 Stars: When Work & Family Collide by Andy Stanley

This is a good solid book on splitting your time between work and family. It's a quick read and the author gets straight to the point. I love that he doesn't beat around the bush and didn't make the book twice as thick with filler words. I LOVE this book! It is so direct and doesn't leave a lot of wiggle room. Readers will love that Stanley isn't just jumping on the workaholic's case here. He also addresses what the stay-at-home person is doing incorrectly. He gives a very unbiased, clear understanding of family dynamics and because he addresses both perspectives, no one is left feeling attacked or like they are only at fault. It takes two.

Stanley convicts readers with statements like "You love your family in your heart, but you don't love them in your schedule. The problem is, they can't see your heart." Woah. No getting around that one. Stanley tells readers when they prioritize work schedules over family time, "it chips away at your spouse and kids' confidence that they are your highest priority." Great book! I highly recommend it.

My disclaimer - I received this book from the publisher but I am not required to give a positive review. I always give brutally honest reviews and attempt to critically point out parts of the book that may not appeal to others. I want you readers to be able to confidently choose a book based on the stars I give it, because I know you have limited money, time and energy to read. So let's make the most of our lives and choose the very best books.

No comments:

Post a Comment